The Heritage Society recognizes the extraordinary loyalty and support of donors who have named San Diego State University as a beneficiary in their estate plans, such as a will, living trust, life insurance policy, retirement account, donor-advised fund, or charitable trust. Heritage Society members take pride in leaving a legacy that will make a difference in the lives of our students and campus community.
Joining the Heritage Society
Since most Heritage Society donors will not see the impact of their gifts during their lifetime, the Heritage Society was created to honor and thank our donors in the present for their generous intentions. Gifts made through a will or trust work well for people who want to support SDSU but are unable to part with their resources today. By notifying our team of your future gift, you’re also ensuring we understand your instructions and how we can best honor your wishes to support the college, department, or program you care about the most.
Heritage Society Benefits
The greatest benefit of the Heritage Society is the pride in knowing that you are leaving your legacy in making a difference in the lives of future students and the campus community for generations to come. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation from the president to an annual donor appreciation event
- Invitations to sporting events
- Invitations to other exclusive university events throughout the year
- A distinctive lapel pin & annual gift
- Annual tax and estate planning guides
- The satisfaction of supporting future Aztecs and playing a part in SDSU’s development as a leading public research university